Aug 12, 2011

You Will Forever Be In Our Hearts

A year had gone by but sweet and loving memories linger on. As if it was only yesterday. Everything is still vivid - his voice, his jokes, his patience and his love for everyone. There are times we feel that he is still around. The fond thought of him will make mom teary-eyed. I could understand why for she was the one who gave unconditional love and care for him since the first day he came to this world till the last day he left for another world. Mom would sacrifice anything just to be with him, giving her utmost attention and care and attended to his every need. Though it had taken a toll on mom's health, she pushed every other thing aside and gave priority to him; with the prayers and hope that the support she gave would make things better.  Everyone else in the family was doing the same thing for him.

"Mom, I'm in deep pain." That was what he said to my mom who was always by his bedside. This rang through my ears right to my heart, as if piercing it. I felt as if my heart suddenly stopped beating for I could not even bear to hear that.  Everyone of us felt the very pain he went through and everyone would console him and tell him to be patient facing the critical moment. If only the word "patience" could do miracle, it would have healed his critical illness. Medicines had been like staple food that had to be taken everyday and in large amount. That had made him feel nauseated and lost appetite. Everyone of us would ask him anything he would like to eat and by all means would look for it.

For two years he was battling with the critical illness and finally succumbed to it on 11th August 2010. It was a terrible blow to everyone in my family and even worse for his own - leaving behind a wife and 3-year-old son.

This post is written in loving memory of my late brother who was called to rest on 11th August 2010.  I wasn't able to post it yesterday because I felt the great pain of losing someone very dear to everyone of us. We held prayers on 30th July for two beloved men in our lives, my late father (who passed away years ago) and late brother, who had left us for a better place.

This is what my sister wrote at her facebook as a dedication to my late father and brother. I am quoting her who might had quoted it somewhere, if not her own.

"A good person will always be in memory. A better person will always be in dreams. But the best person will always be in heart. For us, you are the best persons and we will remember you till the end of our life...."


This is my prayer for both of them in Bahasa Malaysia which I'm unable to translate to English.


"Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh kedua-dua allahyarham dan diletakkan di sisi orang-orang beriman. Amin."


20 comments:

  1. I had tears sis reading..

    sis in this world we are living many things had made us happy but at the end of our lives the most important thing is how we have given love to the most important persons in our lives..the reason why I have showed love,giving all my best each day because I don't know until when will my life be..I don't want to have regrets in the end that I have not given my all or I was late giving it to someone..

    I love your quote and it is said perfectly..when I go I want to be remembered not just a memory because it can fade..I want to remain in someone's heart with a smile his face :)

    the two of them will surely be missed..they will always be a part of your family..not just a memory but because..

    your father left a legacy..and you are one of them Balqis..he is for sure proud of being your father :)

    *I just want to HUG you sis..hmmmmmmmmmmmm*
    ..love lots sis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sie, your presence consoles me at this moment of weakness. It means so much to me. Thank you for being here with your caring words and hugs which make me feel better.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terima kasih, Peronda. Semoga roh kedua-dua allahyarham dicucuri rahmat dan diletakkan bersama orang-orang yang beriman. Amin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is why life is called so strange, so loving, so precious, cos we have the very heart not to let the genuine love leak away and the very mind not to let the great memories fade away. Loss reminds us of how priceless the gain was.
    Got moved to hear it.
    May God be with you all at each moment of ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on how loss reminds us the priceless gain. But what we used to have once will be forever kept in the heart.

    Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear the lose- May his soul rest in peace-

    ReplyDelete
  7. May Allah grant both of them Jannah & give you & your famliy patience...
    BTW You have nice blog here, visit my blog--> Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Omo - Thank you for your comforting words. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Asma - Insya Allah, may it be and thanks for your thoughts on us.

    Thanks, too, for taking your time to check out this simple blog and for your nice compliment. No problem, will be at your blog. It has a cool title. May we all be in Allah's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh kedua-dua allahyarham dan diletakkan di sisi orang-orang beriman. Amin." ... sharing your prayer
    very touching, very well expressed "he left for another world"_ that's the saddest words from you balqis. i lost my dearest brother too, more than 20 years ago, but the sadness is very deep, it's like he just left us yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amin. It seems that the one we love most will always be the one who is "leaving" us first and forever. May be that will make us love that person more beyond what we could express.

    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmatNya ke atas roh allahyarham dan ditempatkan bersama orang-orang beriman. Amin.

    Everything that happenned is just like a dream. Yes, Wan, as if it was yesterday. The love we have for them are still very fresh. Let's be thankful to Allah who had let us spent precious moments with our loved ones who aren't with us anymore.

    Thanks a lot, Wan. As always, your words really touch me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just passing by sis again and giving you a tight sie hug *hugggggggggssss*..have a blessed morning :)..and here chocos from quiet angel I'll share it with you to make you smile..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Balqis...I am sorry for your lost. This is a touching post. Only someone who has been through the same experience know how painful it is to lose a loved one. The pain though got dimmed as time goes by, it never really leave us. It's always there. Me..myself still struggling for the same pain.

    But I know you are a strong person and eventually you can live by cherishing their memory and love.

    Tight hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your nice words and hugs. Yes, it's painful but we have to accept the fact that we live in this world "temporarily". Those we lost are now at a much better place.

    Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Balqis, I have never experienced the loss of a loved one, but I could empathise with your grief. It is difficult to lose somebody dear to you, the comforting thought is that the late brother is at a better place now, free of pain and suffering. I believe that the fond memories of the good times spent with your brother will always live in the hearts of his loved ones. May his soul rest in peace...
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your empathy and kind words. You're right, the fond memories are kept at the best place - our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know what friend, there are times, when we completely feel helpless, whatever may be the reason. And it is at that time when God wants to test our courage and patience! Its very true that when someone is ill and its treatment is going on, we simply say "KEEP PATIENCE, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE".....but nothing happens. At that moment, those words may seem somewhat healing to us, but what about him who is actually bearing that extreme pain?
    There is one thing, which i heartily want to share with you Balqis - My own aunt, who became prey of cancer, was undergoing treatment at her last stages. Everybody in our house was praying for her wellness during her every chemotherapy. And after a few months, or perhaps, nearly a year, she had made some miraculous improvement in her and the whole family took a breathe of relief for her!
    But, suddenly, a worst misfortune occurred, when my uncle(her husband) died suddenly, who was perhaps the healthiest person in our family! He left us, leaving no clues to find out the reason behind his death! The helplessness of my aunty really made me cry! At her age of 70's, and after a big treatment of cancer like disease, she was left all alone, nothing more than endless tears in her eyes!
    But that's what life is! You may keep patience, but the thing that is written, will happen by any means! And those who are to leave us, will definetly leave, when their purpose of being on earth is complete!
    That's the law written in the God's personal diary! So instead of having a sadness of losing someone, we should think it in a positive way, assuming that the person who has left has successfully completed his purpose of life! He has won the exam of life, and hence, being pleased, God has called him to His home!!!!!!
    I hope, some of my words would have healed some of your pains! So cheer up friend! ...... Be courageous, dont let the pain make you cry....!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much, Aakriti, for consoling me. I feel so much better after reading the sad story that happened in your family. Indeed everything has been destined for everyone of us. Thank you for sharing and for all your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete