I'm touched, honored and surprised upon getting another blog's award, which is the 7th, from a newly acquainted blogger friend, Flora Loveday of Mexico. Thanks a lot, Flora, it means so much to me for you saw something in my blog which I had not seen. The award is indeed a driving force for me to improve more on my writings and the blog as a whole.
This is what Flora wrote in my blog comment for the post Haiku - I Pause And Reflect.
Flora Loveday said...
Balquis, I love what you write, and the photographs you use... so beautiful, inspiring, and refreshing.
I had to nominate you for the Stylish Blogger Award - http://www.the-upper-hand.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html because yours stands out, obviously you invest a lot of your heart and soul into it.
April 4, 2011 6:11 AM
This is among the things that I least expect and it happens! Appreciate the nomination so much and off I went to Flora's blog, The Upper Hand - http://www.the-upper-hand.com/, to check out the award. My blog was among the 15 blogs nominated. So, here it is now.... all the way from Mexico to Malaysia!
And that's not the end of it. As a recipient, I have to observe the terms i.e. sharing 7 random facts about myself and passing on the award to 15 more bloggers who have to do likewise. It's my obligation, so here we go!
1. My favourite colors are shades of blue which are having the soothing and calming effects on my mood. In one way or another, it also lifts my spirits from irritability and anger.
2. I am a chocolate freak! Chocolate bars, chocolate cakes, chocolate drinks....anything with chocolate is my craving. But a big "NO!" to coffee or any form of drinks that contain caffeine before bedtime. The simple reason is, it'll keep me wide awake till the next morning. Counting sheep won't help!
3. I am always fascinated by those who could swim. Guess what? I can't swim! I have to be dependent on floats. LOL. When I was a little girl, I had frightening experiences when I almost drown twice! I was with friends, all giggling girls, who brought me to the deeper part of the river and it happened there and then.
4. I have a great love for poetry and put my heart and soul into it. I can't write well but I love to try.
5. Laughter is always said as the best medicine. I like to be among those who have good sense of humour.
6. Some of the things I don't like are backstabbers, hypocrites and arrogance. I would stay at bay from such people.
7. Last but not least, I am living on one of the biggest islands in the world, Borneo. Sarawak and Sabah are east Malaysia states on Borneo island which is shared with Brunei and Kalimantan. Let me mention a bit about Sarawak. There are many "big" things here such as the ancient rainforests (said to be even older than the Amazon), ancient caves like Mulu and Niah, mighty rivers - the Rejang and Baram. Apart from that, Sarawak has more than 40 ethnic groups. I am from the Melanau Bintulu ethnic. We have diverse cultures and religions and live harmoniously with each other. Don't be surprised if you find us so convivial because we were born to be!
1. Yileen - http://www.deliriousjellybean.blogspot.com/
2. Krislin Ting - http://www.tingtasy.com/
3. Dai Ning Li - http://unrivalledsolace.blogspot.com/
4. Harish - http://scaryhairyman.blogspot.com/
5. Odliam - http://untony.blogspot.com/
6. Moonomo - http://moonomo.com/
7. Simple Sie - http://insidemeanings.blogspot.com/
8. Beanie - http://beanizersinstincts.blogspot.com/
9. Liling - http://shadowsoverhead.blogspot.com/
10. Maria - http://www.frissosblog.com/
11. Ravali - http://ravali-aspiringminds.blogspot.com/
12. Kira - http://www.kirapermunian.co.cc/
13. Dexcerpah - http://www.dexcerpah.com/
14. Suresh Shresta - http://www.in-your-footsteps.blogspot.com/
15. Sevelonn - http://onnthoughts.blogspot.com/
Congratulations to all of you and please, write 7 random facts about yourselves and pass on the award to 15 other bloggers whom you think deserve it. Have fun!