Jun 25, 2013

I'm Sentimental


Today, I feel very sentimental because I have to remove this logo from my sidebar. The site doesn't exist anymore.  It shuts down permanently starting from today.




It was in the world wide web for quite some time before I discovered it. I started blogging in August 2009 but then my blog was like a ghost town. I felt there was a need to get connected with bloggers across the globe. There were a few other sites but, personally, this one had the appeal, so I joined it in August 2010. Since a member, I got to know many nice bloggers and some have become close friends since then. I loved the site for its awesomeness, for example other members could review my blog, voted my posts or wrote messages on my page, engaged in talks and lots more. I will miss it.

Thank you so much to bloggers' team for everything they had done and good luck in their future undertaking.

I bid you Adieu bloggers.com



© 2013 Balqis


10 comments:

  1. I'm with you here Balqis.... I will miss Bloggers.com will miss my friends there, the talks and like you I will miss the family Bloggers.com had become.

    Farewell Bloggers.com.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sad such a wonderful site with so many members shut down permanently. I saw the notice they're still looking for buyers and investors. May be one day, it'll be back again.

      Thanks, Hotei, for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I am also with you here Balqis....so sad to see that the page does not exist anymore. Stay in touch friends!!

    Farewell Bloggers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those who loved the site will surely feel the sadness. Yes, let's keep in touch. Thanks for being here, Epsita.

      Delete
  3. Hi Balqis!

    What comes must go...but it is always sad to see something dear to us leave. I had also once wondered what would happen if blogspot ceased to exist. Well I sure was scared with the thought.

    P.S. I have turned my blog private. Can I have your email address to send you the invite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sui! Nice to see you again. :)

      I agree with you, Sui. Some scary thoughts cross our minds sometimes especially the thoughts of losing something we love.

      I do have an email but can't show it here. Thanks in advance for the invitation.

      Delete
    2. You can use the "Send a message" link from your followers list. My blog is already private so there is no other way out. :(

      Delete
  4. When a friend is gone, appears an empty space that cannot be filled. These are the words of a song, and maybe they can be used in this moment!

    Thank you for sharing this sad moment!

    As Elf says: C'mon, it is right to be sentimental, but you must go ahead and upward! That's the human destiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could really relate to what you said here, Od, even if they are the words of a song. Something or someone who had a special place in our hearts is irreplaceable.

      You know for some very special reasons why I loved bloggers.com
      Thank you for being here.

      Tell Elf, he's a real gem! :)

      Delete