Jun 23, 2013

Don't Laugh At Me





I love this video which was uploaded by broche4m3 at youtube. There are other videos of this song but I chose this one to be shared here. The messages in it are so touching. Actually, I got to know about this song,  original version sang by Mark Wills, in one of the workshops I attended last month. The lyrics teach us a lot in what life is all about and our acceptance of  its reality.

Every time I listen to songs, I appreciate the "stories" in them which in many ways touch me so deeply.  I hope it doesn't sound lame when I say some could even make me cry. Sometimes, I could relate to some of the things mentioned in them while at other times, I empathize with the real situations going on around me. Yes, "Don't Laugh At Me" because we are born different but we are all unique!



© 2013 Balqis

10 comments:

  1. We are all unique creatures. I firmly believe in that and one of its reasons might be is enable us all to realize that we need each other-that we can't survive on this earth without the presence and help of each other. Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, we are! And you're right about why we humans need each other for survival. Thank you, Roldan, for your comments. :)

      Delete
  2. You know, BB.

    Elf is telling me that human beings are very unsure creatures, that is why they laugh at anything "different".

    It is a kind of armour to fight fear away.

    We are afraid that differences may make others better, or ourselves worst.

    It is loneliness, deeply etched in our soul which makes us so despondent.

    This song cautions us to remember that we will have perfect wings, eventually, but only time and age make us to understand this. I know because I am different! :))

    Thank you for this compassionate post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Elf for his wise say. It really amazes me he understands the nature of we humans. He's right when he said there's uncertainty in us humans and to laugh at others' differences is indeed some sort of a defence. I hope I'm understood here.

      There is no one like you and I in the whole world. And no one like Elf, too. That makes us so special in our own ways .

      Thank you so much for letting me know what Elf had to say about this matter. Much thanks to you, too, for visiting, reading and watching this video. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! I just love the message! A very good reminder to all!
    and I love the video too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ric, let it reminds us all even if we're different, we're the same in many ways. :)

      Delete
  4. I am glad you shared the video ... this is truly beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Amrit. Sharing means caring. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing balqis, this is beautiful, such a powerful message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Hotei. I love sharing something that brings messages. :)

      Delete