Aug 14, 2012

Yuna - Terukir Di Bintang




This is a very beautiful song by Yuna, a young Malaysian singer and song-writer.
I love this song which is presented in a classical way. It's entitled "Terukir Di Bintang", literally, Engraved In the Star.

Here's the lyrics in Bahasa Malaysia :

Jika engkau minta intan permata tak mungkin ku mampu
Tapi sayangkan ku capai bintang dari langit untukmu
Jika engkau minta satu dunia akan aku coba
Ku hanya mampu jadi milikmu pastikan kau bahagia

Hati ini bukan milik ku lagi
Seribu tahun pun akan ku nanti
Kan... kamu...

Sayangku
Jangan kau persoalkan siapa dihatiku
Terukir di bintang tak mungkin hilang cintaku padamu

Hati ini bukan milik ku lagi
Seribu tahun pun akan ku nanti
Kan... kamu...

Sayangku
Jangan kau persoalkan siapa dihatiku
Terukir di bintang tak mungkin hilang cintaku padamu


I try to translate it, so literally, it would be lke this :

If you ask for diamonds, I can’t afford it
But my dear, I’ll pick the star in the sky for you
If you ask for one whole world, I’ll try
I’m only able to say I’m yours, 
I’ll make sure you’re happy

This heart doesn’t belong to me anymore
Even for a thousand years, I’ll wait for you

My dear, please don’t doubt who’s in my heart
Engraved in the star, my love for you will never die


Take a listen! I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

12 comments:

  1. Dear Balqis,
    What a lovely song. The translated words are very touching. The music reminds me of the old-time love movies, which I can watch over and over. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm finally getting around to visiting everyone from Blog Hop Saturday! Linkup #4. Thanks for linking up. The next hop will be on Saturday September 1st. Linky will open on Fri August 31st. Hope you can make it. Invite all your friends too...everyone is welcome! Enjoy the rest of the week ahead & see you again soon my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being an early bird. I said so cos it's dawn here. It's nice to see you again and as always you left kind words which are music for my ears.

      Congrats for completing the round of visit! I have visited most of the blogs in the linky. It'd be nice to join the next hop. Thank you so much, Andy.

      Wishing you a great time for the week! :)

      Delete
  2. My dear, please don’t doubt who’s in my heart
    Engraved in the star, my love for you will never die
    love this verse.what sweet words.and hey i appreciate your effort in translating:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your appreciation. Yuna is a very talented artist. :)

      Delete
  3. Very sweet voice! And that music. Also the lyrics- :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Omo! How nice to see you again! Yes, Yuna has a sweet voice. She's not only a singer and song-writer but also a guitarist.

      Thanks for dropping by and listening to this song. :)

      Delete
  4. i love the lyrics.. it's very sweet... and she has a sweet voice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for listening to it, Aj. The lyrics are beautiful. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your translations! I really like this song, and now I can appreciate it even more with your work haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and for liking this song, xlilmisspinayx. It's really a beautiful song. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! Don't mind me asking but the melody is similar to one of those french songs right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok.

      Sorry, I don't know which French song you are referring to.

      Thank you for your visit. :)

      Delete